The Departments of Economic Affairs, which make up the international network of the French Treasury (Direction Générale du Trésor), are responsible for the economic monitoring of their circumscription.
The missions of departments of Economic Affairs are:
- Macroeconomic analysis, economic and financial monitoring,
- Facilitation of economic, financial and bilateral trade,
- Public support for international business development,
- Follow up French and monitoring of investments abroad, foreign investment in France or participation in major projects.
- Follow up of major projects. Coordination of the projects of BUSINESS FRANCE and the French Chamber of Commerce in Ghana.
All the information produced by the French Treasury on Ghana’s economic and financial situation (news, analyses, sectoral studies, main economic indicators, country governance, business climate, Franco-Ghanaian trade and French presence in the country) are regularly updated and can be consulted on the "International Treasury" page dedicated to Ghana].
Since September 2010, BUSINESS FRANCE is taking in charge the support to the SMEs for their international activities. In Ghana, the commercial support to companies is provided by the International Chamber of Commerce France-Ghana, the BUSINESS FRANCE’s partner in the country.
The existence of a section of Foreign Trade Advisors in Ghana (Conseillers du Commerce Extérieur - CCEF) should also be mentioned, with which the Economic Department maintains very close relationships.
The office is located in the premises of the Embassy of France
P.O. Box 187 Accra
Opening hours to general public :
- From Monday to Thursday from 8am to 12:30pm and from 2pm to 5:30pm
- On Fridays from 8am to 12:30pm and from 2pm to 4pm