Launch of the France Education Platform [fr]
France Education, the platform dedicated to teaching and learning French, was launched on Thursday, October 3, during the presentation of measures related to the development of French language education abroad. The platform (FRED) is accessible online (https://franceducation.fr) and open to the general public, everywhere in the world.
Showcasing French know-how in the field of digital education, FRED is a tool available to French teachers or teachers in French abroad as well as to all learners of the French language. Developed by the French search engine QWANT, FRED allows its users to identify in a few clicks educational resources and learning quality French.
The platform has the following features:
• It is primarily a search engine dedicated to learning French. Users will find content designed by all state operators (Canopé, CNED, French Institute, AEFE, France Education International, Alliance Française Foundation, ONISEP, TV5, RFI, etc.) and by the French EdTech ecosystem (all innovative companies in the education sector).
• On the home page, call products - or "resources of the moment" - are offered to users. This is content designed specifically or made available free of charge by our partners on the platform. These offers will be regularly updated to increase the attractiveness of the site. The three offers currently highlighted are:
1. an introductory French module (beginner - CNED);
2. one month of lessons in Frantastic (from level A2 - IF);
3. a free month of access to the Educ’ARTE private service for teachers.
Following the free creation of a user account, it is possible to access the "notebooks". This collaborative feature allows each user to create a thematic "notebook" composed of educational resources identified either on the platform or directly on the internet. These notebooks can remain "private" (personal work tool for a user) or shared with all users who can comment and / or enrich them.