Accountability project: 3rd Steering Committee
In the framework of the France-Ghana cooperation project on accountability in public sector, the third Steering Committee meeting was held on the 5th November 2015 at the Residence of France, Accra.
- (left to right) The Hon. Minister Collins DAUDA (MP) of the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development (MLGRD), H.E. The Ambassador of France François PUJOLAS and the Hon. Minister Alhassan AZONG (MP) in charge of Public Sector Reform Secretariat (PSRS) co-chairing the meeting. Accra, November 5, 2015.
The Hon. Minister Collins DAUDA (MP) of the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development (MLGRD), the Hon. Minister Alhassan AZONG (MP) in charge of Public Sector Reform Secretariat (PSRS) and H.E. The Ambassador of France François PUJOLAS were the co-chairmen of this meeting which made up a total of 29 participants.
The project entitled « Strengthening the accountability in Ghana’s central and local government » is being implemented thanks to the involvement of many stakeholders : PSRS, MLGRD, Local Government Service, Public Service Commission, Office of the Head of Civil Service, Western Regional Coordinating Council and its Districts, Inter-ministerial Coordinating Council, for the main. At mid way of the project, the three implementing partners have accomplished a considerable part of their mission. These are Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), Institute of Local Government Studies (ILGS), and Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana).
At the end of this meeting, the steering Committee has taken note of the state of progress and has validated the roadmaps for the coming year. The whole project in terms of activities and financing is going on the right rhythm, except on the Component 2 which is specifically on strengthening the accountability of the pilot region (Western Region). We have to mention that this component has many activities linked to each other, so it needs specifically a strong coordination with stakeholders. On the other hand, the reached results will be exploited also for the other activities to be implemented.
- The participants at the Steering Committee meeting, held on the 5th November 2015, at the Residence of France, Accra.
Main events upcoming:
- December 3, 2015: Performance contracts signing Ceremony for 15 subvented agencies
- November 26, 2015: Technical Committee meeting in Western Region, in order to deepen and implement the roadmaps
- February 1, 2016: Grant contracts signing ceremony for 2 selected NGOs, to support strengthening linkages between citizens, civil society and government.